If you need special assistance due to age, health, a disability or other reasons, we recommend that you contact our local Reservation office 72 hours before departure so that we can make special arrangements for your flight and arrange assistance with connecting flights. We strive to make your travel with China Eastern Airlines as smooth and as comfortable as possible.
Some passengers who have significant disabilities may need to travel with an escort for their own comfort, convenience and safety. Also, we strongly advise that you travel with an escort if you need in-flight assistance with eating, medical assistance (such as with medications, medical devices or medical attention) and other personal bodily functions, as we cannot assist you in these areas. The escort must travel in the same class with you.
Many people with disabilities can safely and comfortably travel with China Eastern Airlines without making special arrangements. We require advance notice through our Reservation office or your travel agent for some disabilities and we recommend 72 hours advance notice before departure so that we can better accommodate any special needs you may have.
We would be more than happy to provide a wheelchair for you and should you require this service, please contact our Reservations office 72 hours before departure. In order to ensure the service meets your needs our Reservations staff will ask you whether you are able to walk without assistance, how far you are able to walk, and whether you can ascend and descend stairs without assistance.
China Eastern wheelchair service is provided, with an attendant, at no additional charge to you. The attendant will assist in transporting you within the airport area and to the gate or aircraft door (depending on the airport facilities). During peak travel periods, there may be a high demand for our wheelchair service, and we appreciate your patience in the event that it is necessary for you to wait a few minutes for this service. Please contact our Reservations office should you have any questions about our wheelchair service. our staff will be happy to assist you.
Passengers who are blind or visually impaired may bring a cane or other assistive/supportive device with them into the cabin. these items are not subject to the limit on cabin baggage. Passengers who are not blind or visually impaired may also bring a cane or other assistive/supportive device with them into the cabin at no additional charge. The cane will need to be stowed prior to takeoff and landing and stowage can be under your seat or in the overhead compartment. The cane needs to lie flat on the floor and should not block the emergency exit or protrude into the aisle. You may ask our cabin crew for assistance in loading and retrieving your cane in case it is not collapsible or if it cannot be stowed under your seat.
Please inform us if you are deaf or hearing impaired so that we can provide assistance to you in the event that your flight is delayed or if the departure gate is changed after you have checked in. An individual safety briefing can be arranged upon request.
Oxygen for therapeutic or medical purposes is available on China Eastern flights in cylinders provided by us. For safety reasons, we cannot accept oxygen cylinders brought on by passengers themselves. Since oxygen for therapeutic or medical reasons is considered a medical product, we require that you provide us with a medical certificate signed by your physician (it must reach our Rep Office at least 48 hours prior to flight time). For oxygen equipment filled with gas, it must be packed in accordance with "Dangerous Goods" regulations. It is to be shipped as "cargo" with appropriate air cargo tariff applied. For further information on the packing and labeling requirements and details on arranging the carriage of your oxygen, please contact our Rep office.
For safety reasons, China Eastern may require a passenger to travel with an escort or attendant if the passenger:
Will travel in a stretcher or incubator or require medical attention during the flight. (The attendant must be capable of attending to their medical needs in the cabin)
Is unable to comprehend or respond properly to safety instructions due to a mental disability.
Has mobility impairment, which is so severe that the passenger is unable to assist in his or her own evacuation of the aircraft. Has severe hearing and vision impairments and cannot establish some means of communication with airline employees.
It is generally safe for pregnant passengers to travel, though caution should be exercised about excessive amounts of flying during the early weeks of pregnancy because of hypoxia. Heavy lifting during pregnancy should be avoided, so extra care should be taken with baggage. Please consult your gynecologist or obstetrician before planning your trip.
We will accept passengers with pregnancies up to 36 weeks. A medical certificate is required at check-in. It is to be completed by both the passenger and her doctor within 72 hours prior to departure and submitted.
Pregnant passengers should make certain that the facilities at the destination country are adequate to cope with any problems with the pregnancy that may occur during the visit.
China Eastern Airlines does not accept babies under 14 days old. Our long haul aircraft are equipped with special baby bassinets and packs, as well as a wide range of baby food. Each has at least two toilets with special fold-down tables for changing diapers.
We will look after children, aged between 5 and 12 years, who are travelling alone -- both inflight and in transit. Passengers must go to a Rep Office to apply for the service.
Airfares for children on Unaccompanied Minor Service might differ from those travelling with adult companions. Please contact our Rep Office for more details.
If you'd like to have a special meal, please contact our Rep Office at least 24 hours before departure.
• China Eastern Airlines Limited Company accepts unaccompanied minors under certain conditions.
• China Eastern Airlines Corporation Limited provides special services to unaccompanied minors (fully accompanied and attended to during boarding, flight, and disembarkment).
• China Eastern Airlines Limited Company assumes responsibility for unaccompanied minors.
Accepted Age Range:
• Children between five (inclusive) and twelve (inclusive)
Note: Children in this age range are considered to be unaccompanied minors if they are travelling together with adults but in different classes.
• Juveniles between 12 and 15 (permitted by parents or appointed guardians).
• Unaccompanied minors flying internationally with China Eastern must buy adult fare tickets in accordance with International Flight Conditions.
• Parents or guardians of unaccompanied minors must undergo the carriage procedure in place of said minors.
• Transportation of unaccompanied minor requires affirmation of a receiving party upon arrival.
• The commission of the unaccompanied minor to the airline must be proposed in advance and agreed to by the carrier.
• All classes of China Eastern flights accept unaccompanied minors.
• Boarding unaccompanied minors on transfer flights must be prepared in advance and seats for all legs of the trip must be confirmed.
• Unaccompanied minors are not regarded as candidates for involuntarily class upgrades or solicitation.
• If the receiving party does not meet the unaccompanied minor on time or if they delay reception after the arrival of the unaccompanied minor, this party must incur all resulting additional fees.
Acceptability of minors for each flight (by airplane type):
A340 5 persons
A330 4 persons
A300 4 persons
A310 4 persons
A321 3 persons
A320 3 persons
A319 3 persons
B767 4 persons
B737 3 persons
MD90 3 persons
CRJ 2 persons
EMB-145 2 persons
• The passenger's guardian must present the unaccompanied minor transportation application to the marketing department one week prior to the date of departure, fill in the "Unaccompanied Minor Requested for Carriage-handling Advice" form and provide names, addresses and contact phone numbers of persons accompanying the minor at departure and arrival;
• Marketing personnel must send a fax to the destination airport according to the "Unaccompanied Minor Requested for Carriage-handling Advice" form to request contact with the receiving party of the passenger;
• personnel at the destination airport must contact the designated receiving party to verify the carriage of the unaccompanied minor;
• After receiving verification from staff at the airport of destination, the marketing personnel must attach the fax and the "Unaccompanied Minor Requested for Carriage-handling Advice" from to the Passenger ticket;
• Check-in staff checks the content of the "Unaccompanied Minor Requested for Carriage-handling Advice" form according to the attached SPA/UM Fax on the ticket;
• Check-in staff handles the carriage procedures for the unaccompanied minor, fills in the Special Service Notification and puts all travel certificates into the travel certificate bag of the unaccompanied minor;
• The guardian of the unaccompanied minor should stay at the airport until the flight takes off;
• staff accompanies the unaccompanied minor through boarding, meets with the chief flight attendant and signs the Special Service Notification form;
• When the airplane arrives, staff accompanies the unaccompanied minor through disembarkment and assists in carrying baggage, handling immigration procedures and claiming the checked baggage;
• Serving staff accompanies the unaccompanied minor with boarding, meets with the chief attendant and signs the Special Service Notification;
• When the airplane arrives, the serving staff accompanies the unaccompanied minor through disembarkment and assists in carrying baggage, handling the immigration procedure and claiming the checked baggage;
• The staff checks the papers of the receiving party according to the content of the "Unaccompanied Minor Requested for Carriage-handling Advice" form and asks the receiving party to sign said form.
• The staff stores the signed "Unaccompanied Minor Requested for Carriage-handling Advice" form in the archives.
Below is a sample of the "Unaccompanied Minor Requested for Carriage-handling Advice" Form
UNACCOMPANIED MINOR REQUESTED FOR CARRIAGE-HANDLING ADVICE FORM
|NAME OF MINOR:||AGE:|
|TERMINAL||NAME OF PERSON ACCOMPANYING||ADDRESS AND TEL NO|
PARENT/GUARDIAN-NAME, ADDRESS AND TEL No:
1. I declare that I have arranged for the minor stated in the application to be accompanied to the airport on departure and to be met at stopover point(s) and to be met, upon arrival, by the designated party. This party will remain at the airport until the flight has departed and/or be available at the airport at the scheduled time of the arrival of the flight.
2. Should the minor's details differ from those stated on the application form, I authorize the carrier(s) to take whatever action they consider necessary to ensure the minor's safe custody including return of the minor to the airport of departure; I agree to indemnify and reimburse the carrier(s) for the necessary and reasonable costs and expenses incurred by taking such action.
3. I certify that the minor is in possession of all travel documents (passport, visa, health certificate, etc.) required by applicable laws.
4. I, the undersigned parent or guardian of the minor specified in the application form agree to and request the unaccompanied carriage of the minor specified and certify that the information provided is accurate.
Above information is for reference only, please contact our local office for details.
• It is required by China Eastern Airlines Corporation Limited that passengers who are younger than 2 years old be accompanied by an adult passenger over 18 years of age.
Note: infants who are younger than 14 days are not permitted to fly. Disease Diagnosis Certificates must be shown for premature infants older than 14 days.
• The maximum number of infants accepted by China Eastern Airlines Corporation Limited on any flight is determined by the number of infant lifejackets available on-board.
• China Eastern Airlines Corporation Limited assumes the responsibility for carriage of infant passengers to the same extent as normal passengers. .
In the absence of special arrangements, each adult passenger can carry a maximum of two infants, and the ticket class of the infant must be consistent with the ticket class of the adult.
• Infants cannot occupy its own seat. When two infants travel together, the extra infant can purchase a ticket at child price and occupy one seat.
• Cradles are suggested for carriage of infants (automobile-type safety seats can be used for infants older than 6 months).
Our company provides a fixed quantity of cradles based on the type of the airplane. Passengers must reserve its use in advance.
• Passengers can also bring and use their own infant cradles (including automobile-type safety seats), but tickets must be purchased for occupation of seats.
• Infant safety belts should be used for infants on board.
Free baggage allowance for an infant:
• Weight Calculation
> Every infant can transfer one totally folded or portable infant trolley free of charge.
> Infants who purchase a ticket at the price of 10 percent of an adult price (in accordance with the national transportation conditions) are not entitled to the free baggage allowance. But standard traveling supplies such as food, infant diapers, etc. may be carried.
> For infants with tickets purchased at child or adult price, please refer to the free baggage allowance of adult passengers.
> The free baggage allowance of infants who purchase tickets at the price of 10 percent of an adult price (only limited to passengers corresponding to international transportation conditions):
Every first class and business class infant passenger can consign two pieces of baggage free of charge. The maximum weight allowance for each piece of baggage is 32kg. The sum of the three edges of every piece of baggage should not exceed 158cm. Economy class adult and child passengers (China-America route) can consign two pieces of baggage free of charge and the maximum weight allowance for each piece of baggage is 23kg; Economy class adult and child passengers (China-Canada route) can check two pieces of baggage free of charge and the maximum weight allowance for each of baggage is 32kg; and the sum of the three edges of every piece of baggage should not exceed 158cm, and the sum of three edges of two pieces should not exceed 273cm.
Infants who purchase tickets at the price of 10 percent of an adult price can check one piece of luggage free of charge (in accordance with international transportation conditions), but the sum of the three edges cannot exceed than 115cm. In addition, one totally folded or portable infant trolley can be carried free of charge.
Usage Rules of Automobile-style Safety Seat:
• Any class can accept passengers using safety seats when occupying a seat, but it must be arranged in advance and a child ticket should be bought.
The safety seat must occupy an inside seat. Attended adult passengers must occupy aisle seats and infants cannot be seated in emergency exit rows.
It is necessary for passengers older than 14 and in good shape to take care of the safety seat during the flight.
The available amount of infant cradles and life-jackets varies for each airplane type
|Airplane type||Infant cradle spare quantity in cabin||Infant life jacket spare quantity|
Above information is for reference only, please contact our local office for details.